Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Quest For The Best!

My quest is an epic journey to find the promised land. My promised land is, of course, my goal; to become a good pediatrician. The quest I am on achieve my ultimate longterm goals. The promised land is the achievement itself. My personal quest is for identity. You see, I am still searching for the "Candice" inside. I want to know what kind of person I am. I want to know what other people see and what I see in myself.

I have chosen to take up being a pediatrician as my career. I have studied to find out what it takes, and I have tried to prepare myself as much as possible. This is a journey that will last many years. I must consider a good school, other options, and the hard work I will have to go through during my preparations. There will be many obstacles that will stand in my way. This journey is like the ocean. Now that I have dived in, I will either sink or swim.

I am also seaching for myself. I have made it a personal quest to find what lies underneath the hollow shell of Candice Allen. I want to be sure that I am as strong as I presume to be. I also want to see if I still have that same fear that has driven into me for so long. I know certain facts about myself, but I want to prove them true. The experiences of life and everday events can help me show my true colors. One may refer to this quest as walking on a foggy path. I can not see where I am going, so anything may come out. Obstacles may be hidden deep within that fog, or right in front of me. The path is life as I walk along it, developing, growing, and ,hopefully, leaving behind footprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment