Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Unhealed Wound

Even though the hero may seem valient and courageous, they may have an inner emotional wound. This wound could have sparked their journey or even give them the strength to go through with it. My emotional scar has to do with issues within my very own family. As a baby, my biological father left my mother when she had me. They are no longer together. Soon, my mother remarried to another man, who was my little brother's biological father. I grew up with him, but marital problems drove them apart. Today, I have a wonderful stepfather. He became the true father we never had. I am thankful that he has come into our lives, and replaced the men who were currently there. Unfortuneately, these events still cripple parts of my heart to this day, but they make me stronger.

1 comment: